Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 20: Drunken birthday shenanigans.

So if last night's post was any clue as to how my night went, I hope you can forgive me for it being late haha. I went out with a bunch of friends for a mutual friend's birthday, and it was just a mess from the start. We started at Buffalo Wild Wings, and I was the last to get there because I suck and forgot which day we were going. By the time I got there, the birthday boy was already completely plastered. Like having trouble walking, slurring words, not being able to focus on someone who was talking to him, etc. He actually ended up getting kicked out because he was too drunk and it was a "family establishment" and they didn't want him disturbing the other groups there.

I have a mini rant about this, actually. First off, yes it is a restaurant, but BWW is billed as a SPORTS BAR. Sports. Bar. People get loud and drunk and rowdy, and that's just the atmosphere of the place, especially after 9pm. There was a family that came in around 10pm with a toddler that couldn't have been more than 2 1/2. YOU DON'T DO THAT. And then the waitstaff had the nerve to put that group two tables over from us when they knew full well the situation at hand and had been experiencing the drunken state of a few of our group all night. I just don't get it.

Anyway. Somehow I got saddled with the bulk of actually helping him get out of there. To give you an idea of the scenario, Drew (who was the birthday boy) is just about 6'2", and he's a former Marine. He is very slim, but very well built in his upper body. I'm 5'6" and not the tiniest person in the world, and I have very little upper body strength. Drew had his arm draped over my shoulders, and I was literally trying my hardest to guide him out without him falling over. After getting him out of the place and into the car, once we got to the apartment, we had to get him up 3 flights of stairs. I really don't even know how we managed. As soon as we got him inside and onto the couch, he passed out cold. That left the rest of us to sit around and have a few more drinks before heading home.

So. That was my night haha.


Days until Wrockstock: 8. Turns out I really can't count and I've been a day off all month. Oops?
Album of the day: Dirty Work, All Time Low

No comments: