Sunday, May 31, 2009

So my main reason for not keeping this thing updated is actually a legit excuse for once in my life: I forgot the password to login. And yes, I do know the "forgot password" link exists for a reason, but it's only helpful when 1) it works, and 2) I remember which e-mail address I have this linked too. So there you have it. For the record, this was the ONLY account I have with a different password from the rest of my accounts and that has now been fixed. Problem (hopefully) solved. Now on to more important matters.

OMGLEAKYCON. I can't even begin to explain the epic amount of awesome that weekend consisted of. I can't believe exactly a week ago, we were sitting in 1558 watching the last of the wrock performances for the weekend, and would shortly be heading to bed for the last night in Boston. I kind of want to cry thinking about it. Basically, if you weren't there watch this video  and multiply it by about 4872983742837493279 and that's what the entire weekend was like. Both Saturday and Sunday mornings I woke up with a practically non-existent voice, Sunday being the worse of the two days, but it was most definitely worth it. I have also regained complete use of my legs thankfully, after three 4 hour wrock concerts of near constant jumping around and dancing, and the ball as well. Add in the "adventure" we took Friday afternoon to find lunch, which consisted of walking nearly 2 miles to find Panera and then continuing to wander while Emily and Rosa attempted to find the train to get us back to the hotel, and my feet/lower legs were not exactly happy with me by Sunday morning. The only thing that really was not good from that weekend was the trip home. It was raining most of the way from Boston to NY, and once we got to NY and were about to pass out at Jackie's I got the ridiculous news that my mom wanted me home as early as possible. That meant getting back in the car and driving another 4 hours before getting a hotel for the night, and setting out again the next morning only to be stuck in traffic for 4 hours and having to stay yet another night in a Pennsylvania hotel before finally making it home Tuesday evening. Yikes.

LeakyCon weekend has made me realize how truly lucky I am to be a part of this ridiculously amazing fandom, and I am going to do everything I can to make it to as many events as I can this summer. Counting LeakyCon, I can definitely make it to 7 events this summer. The hopeful schedule is as follows:

5/21-24 LeakyCon @ Boston, MA
6/3 Whompy, JFF, & Moaning Myrtles @ Akron, OH
6/14 TRL & TatA @ Ann Arbor, MI
6/15 TRL, Whompy, JFF, & PC @ Dayton, OH
7/5 PC, Whompy, & TRL @ Chicago, IL
7/18-22 Azkatraz @ San Francisco, CA
8/29 Class of '84 @ Cincinnati, OH

The last thing I'm going to try to make it to is Wrockstock. I had to miss WS'08 because of various reasons, and I am determined to make it to WS'09. It's 11/6-9, and one of the major things driving me is the fact that the Mudbloods will be playing their last show at Wrockstock. That's obviously not the ONLY reason I want to go, but it's a huge deciding factor for me. It's actually extremely easy to work into my budget since it costs less than each of the cons this summer in total, but it's going to be a hard decision to make seeing as money is already insanely tight.

Even with barely having enough money to afford gas and food, I'm still making room for as many CDs as possible. I touched on this briefly in my recent vlog, but EVERY SINGLE wrock CD I've gotten this year has blown me away. I have 2 more coming soon, The Parselmouths and The Remus Lupins, and I cannot wait for them. TRL are always amazing and I've been loving everything new I've heard so far, and The Parselmouths never fail to produce quality music.

I don't want to talk about how much work sucks, since I'm still on an emotional high from LC and just remembering how amazing the whole thing was is putting me in a good mood even though I miss everyone and everything, but it can go without saying that our economy sucks and with my job being a direct reflection on how money makes the world go round, it's quite obvious that a retail job is not a good place to be in. *sigh*

Books read in 2009: 10 (yeah, I know...I'm slacking big time)
Days until Azkatraz: 47
Wrock lyrics of the day: "I'm dipping the quill 'cause it's time to start a fresh new chapter/It's never over just as long as we've got each other." TRL - Graduation Day

No comments: