Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sticky Notes and Situations

I'm almost out of sticky notes, and that's slightly depressing. Don't judge me, I've worked almost 65 hours already this week and still have about 10 hours left to go today before I'm done. Needless to say, I'm a little loopy and it's apparently quite amusing to other people.

Today is another one of those days where everything that can go wrong has, and it's my job to take care of it regardless of the fact that I have nothing to do with half of the things that are going on right now. Let's make a quick list, shall we?
1) The receptionist/cashier at the Hyundai store had to go home sick, so I'm answering phones and dealing with salesmen for both stores.
2) Both of the porters are currently MIA and not answering their cell phones, and are needed by 4 different people.
3) The weather sucks and it's the end of the month, so both stores are crazy busy.
4) Our new Kia store is opening today, so anyone that actually matters in this company is there. Meaning we can't get ahold of anyone we need to when something goes wrong.
5) I don't even know if I'm supposed to work at AE tonight, and no one there knows how to answer a freaking phone.
6) I'm far too emotinally invested in a situation here which is stressing me out more than all of the above problems and making me extra cranky when he comes over here for various things. I'm going to steal Hayley's naming process and call him The Situation. It's just easier that way.
7) My mother is currently Facebook stalking/chatting me while I'm at work.
8) WHY DOES NO ONE AROUND HERE KNOW HOW TO ANSWER A PHONE?! OHMYGODIMGOINGTOKILLSOMEONE.

*ahem*

Yeah, today is going to be just fan-freaking-tastic. Organizing things into lists makes me happy though, so let's continue with that, shall we? Good things going on right now:

1) Our new Kia store is opening, so anyone important is there. Meaning I don't have to deal with watching my back to make sure I don't get caught being online.
2) The Situation keeps coming over here for various things, and never fails to make me smile even when I'm annoyed with him.
3) ........there is no #3. That's it.

So today isn't TOTALLY sucktastic, but it's pretty damn close. On top of the mess that is my work life, the weather sucks today so naturally every joing and muscle in my body hurts and moving is kind of difficult. Regardless of everything going on, I'm in a relatively good mood. All of this overtime is going to be very good for my bank account even though what's left of my sanity is suffering.

OH. OH. OH!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THIS. OHMYGOD. In exactly 2 weeks, I will be in Chicago with Julie and we will be on the way to see Something Corporate. I AM SO EXCITED. HOLY CRAP. The Situation wants to go with us, which would be fantastic, but I don't know if it's going to happen. It would be nice, but probably not a good idea. Eh. We'll see.

That's it for now, I suppose. Feel free to FB chat me or text me today. I could use a little love from friends.

No comments: